I so hope I managed to do all the things I planned for yesterday(!), you see I’m writing this from home and have it scheduled for posting (at local Kyoto time) (-:
- Today’s plan looks like this (at least on paper)
- Get up early and eat something, perhaps pack some small lunch bag (I LOVE the preprepared roll-it-yourself-shusi-rolls, the packaging is INGENIOUS the nori stays so fresh and crispy!).
- Head of to Kyoto station after checking out, to head off to Fushimi-Inari-Taisha.
- Head back to Kyoto station and see if there is time to visit Chion-in or Kyoto Imperial Palace.
- Take the train back to Osaka for the night as I’ll be flying back home the next morning.
Unfortunately due to time constraints and my fear of being late (for work, catching the train, etc) I had to choose between Fushimi-Inari-Taisha and Arashiyama Bamboo Grove. They are almost at the exact opposite of each other on the city limits, meaning more trains and changing of trains (and a lot of time). Arashiyama was actually first thing I thought of (I love bamboo!), after the possibility of potentially photographing a Geisha or Maiko, but that was until I learned that Fushimi-Inari-Taisha is in Kyoto. So I’ll save the bamboo grove for the future.
If you like my images, repost, tweet, or tumblr, but with proper copyright attribution please. In the mean time have a look at this.
(c) JW Amsterdam